Coshocton Appears in America In Bloom Book
Ten Years of BEST IDEAS from America in Bloom cities all across the country
This book is filled with the best ideas gleaned through ten years of efforts in nearly two hundred America in Bloom participating cities all over America.
The book is organized around the eight focus areas featured in the annual America in Bloom contest: Floral Displays, Landscaped Areas, Urban Forestry, Turf and Ground Covers, Heritage Preservation, Environmental Efforts, Community Involvement and Tidiness.
Coshocton is strongly featured, appearing ten times and in all eight focus areas. The Good News Book Store offers the book for sale and all proceeds go directly to America in Bloom. They have also created a special bookmark highlighting all the pages which feature Coshocton.
Of course, many ideas have to do with gardening, but actually, most of them have a very wide potential application.
How to use this book?
- Read it and be amazed at what others have done in communities just like ours.
- Think about which ideas might apply to Coshocton.
- Talk to others about these ideas.
- Let an idea loose in you mind, suddenly it will trigger a whole new stream of thought with applications appropriate to our town and our own personal lives.
- Good ideas just seem to morph and grow into even better ones. Let it happen.
The City of Coshocton received a special copy of Best Ideas directly from America in Bloom in recognition of our progress and continued participation in the contest. Coshocton is Blooming presented this copy to The Coshocton Public Library so that all these good ideas can be available to everyone.
Read the Coshocton Tribune article titled "Coshocton recognized in America in Bloom book and at annual symposium"